Service With A Smile

By: Carol Holmstrom, Celebrate Recovery National Assimilation Coach, Fellowship NWA Celebrate Recovery Ministry Staff 5/30/2018

Service With A Smile
“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Don’t you just love it when you need just a spark of motivation, encouragement, or conviction - and then God steps in and delivers? 

One Friday night at Celebrate Recovery, I was once again struck over the simplicity of gratitude. I had just walked out of the worship center after a difficult conversation with a precious young woman who was struggling. I saw 2 guys feverishly wiping down tables. It was about 9:45pm...and those 2 guys, in particular, had gotten there at 3:00pm to help get the meal ready for Celebrate Recovery that night. A few minutes later, one of those guys said to me, “Ok, just tell me what needs to be done next, and I’ll do it!” I gave him a few things that needed to be done, and he went on about his work. 

We were both walking to our storage closet a few minutes later, and I was thanking him for all his work he had done that day. He has one of those smiles that lights up a room and with a huge smile, he just kept saying, “Praise Jesus!” He kept thanking Jesus for the opportunity to serve. He thanked me for allowing him to serve.

Reality check! How often do I give praise and thanks to God for giving me health and energy and everything else it takes to serve others? How many times do I fail to use those very things He gives me to serve just myself? What a sweet reminder that when we serve, we always receive the biggest blessing. It was clearly all over this guy’s face. 

  • Where is God calling you to serve and love others well? 
  • What gifts has He given you to give back to others instead of keeping for yourself?

Don’t miss out on the blessing He has for you!
Your weekly encouragement provided by:
Carol Holmstrom
Celebrate Recovery National Assimilation Coach, Fellowship NWA Celebrate Recovery Ministry Staff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent