L.O.V.E your neighbor

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA, Celebrate Recovery Women's Encouragement Coach


Love your neighboas yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

Open to courage "​Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deut. 31:6

Victory in Jesus! 
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 15:57

Expect life-change "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  
Jer. 29:11

I'm just going to be straight-forward in telling you this.  It hasn't always been easy loving my neighbor.  
What neighbor am I talking about though?  My neighbor across the street?  My neighbor in school when I was a kid or in college?  My neighbor at church?  The person I see while shopping or taking a walk?  My answer would be YES.  All of them.  

Being afraid of rejection, anxious about fitting in, worried about doing/saying the wrong thing were all hindrances to my being able to love others well.  Having a childhood of mixed signals, missed queue's, lost boundaries all were factors in my growing into an anxious and codependent adult.  After 7 1/2 years in Celebrate Recovery for Love & Relationship Addiction and Codependency, I am learning how to love my neighbor well, how to be a good friend and sister in Christ, how to smile and talk to people I do not yet know, and most importantly, how to rest in my Father in Heaven's LOVE for me.  

In the acrostic above, I mention God's word about Loving your neighbor, being Open to courage, having Victory in Jesus, and to Expect life-change.  How are you today?  Are you loving your neighbor well?  Pray about it, and ask God what you're holding back and ask him to help you work through that in order to experience and give love in Jesus's name.  

Click HERE to listen to Amazing Love (You Are My King) by Hillsong


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent