Chariots of Fire

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA, CR Encourager Coach, September 27, 2017


















"In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. 
From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears."
Psalm 18:6



In the first weeks into my recovery, I was having one of many gut-wrenching conversations which needed to be had with my husband.  It was all very raw at that time.  Seeing clearly what I had done and how I had hurt my family was so much to bear and I found myself in one of a series of anxiety attacks.  This wasn't something where I could just say "I'm sorry" and move on with life.  I had broken TRUST in my marriage.  My panic came from the thinking that I had to figure this out..I had to come up with some way in which I could rebuild who I was.  All I could see was the enemy closing in on all sides.  I didn't know what to do.  I was afraid, and more than anything, I just wanted to wake up from this very, very bad dream.  However, that is not what God wanted.  He wanted me to turn everything over to HIM.   I prayed to God to help me through this time, took a deep breath, and felt a calmness flood over me like a warm blanket.  My rescuer had come!  He gave me the strength to hear some tough things that needed to be said, courage to speak the truth, compassion for my husband, wisdom to come to Celebrate Recovery to learn the tools for healing of my hurts, habits, and hangups, and hope in knowing that God was going to be there with me through it all no matter what.
No matter how long we're in recovery, we need to remember this truth:  God is good and loves us with such a deep, deep love that He sent his own son to be crucified in order to save us from eternal death.  The shame and condemnation that brings fear, anxiety, and isolation are the enemy's lies, constructed to steal, kill and destroy.  

Take a minute:
  • Remember where you started.
  • Thank God for hearing your calls to Him.  
  • Reflect on how far He's brought you through Celebrate Recovery.
  • Thank Him and consider how you can share that with the newcomer.
Click HERE to listen to So Good to Me by Cory Asbury




1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; 

he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 

3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. 

Many will see and fear the LORDand put their trust in him.



Psalm 40:1-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent