Character


Have you ever been to a sermon or a motivational meeting where you feel like the person who is speaking must have been getting some inside information on YOU to know what to talk about?  No?  Just me?  Okay, well, I'll tell you what happened in my case then!  Last week, at a meeting my husband and I were at, the speaker began talking about the importance of displaying God's Character in every situation.  Did you catch that?  EVERY situation!  The speaker even used examples such as getting frustrated with other drivers on the road, disappointed at a sports game, angry at a bad decision made, etc etc!  




As God's Word says in Colossians 3:17, "Whatever you do whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  WOW, so there was a reality check I needed!  

In every situation, I need to ask myself: 
  • Am I displaying God's character of grace, patience, truth, mercy, love, kindness, sacrifice,  forgiveness, and generosity..just to name a few?

"..Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”  Mark 12:30-31

God is so good all of the time.  Being human, I know that I'm going to mess up and not show God's character when I should.  I am so thankful for those characteristics of God that He will show me in those times.  
  • Which characteristics do you think you could show more of?

Click HERE to listen to Jesus This is You --by Chris Tomlin

Have a great week, Forever Family!

All for Him,
Kareena Holloway
Fellowship Bible Church
Celebrate Recovery Encourager Coach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent