Reserving A Time....All Day

Have you ever listened to someone coming out of prison?
They hear things differently. Flowers smell better, fresher. They stop to feel the wind in their face and hear the birds sing. Food tastes better than ever. family time is more precious than ever. They embrace a great conversation with a brother or sister in Christ. Every sense is heightened with a grateful awareness.
Sometimes it is easy for me to look at myself as a prisoner and I am not behind bars. If I allow the craziness of life consume me and fail to stop and listen & look at the blessings around me, I will miss some pretty incredible stuff.
Most importantly, if I don't stop to listen to my Father, I will miss out on some great wisdom and nuggets for life.
"Listen to me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom." Job 33:3
Reserving a daily time for God is not just a one time event but a process to be carried throughout the day.
Today, let's stop being a prisoner to busyness and embrace the things, wisdom, & blessings God has placed around us with gratitude and appreciation.


Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent