Maintaining Momentum


When we get complacent or start thinking we have it all under control is when we are most at risk. We never know what might be lurking around the corner....


Are you the same at church, work, at home, and with friends? Character is what you are when no one is around.


One huge way we can stay on track in our recovery is thru our daily gratitude list.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Great reminder for me today that even when things are not going good and our circumstances may not be what I desire that I can still rejoice for what He has given me.
What are you thankful for today. First pray about it, “Lord, show me what blessing I have in my life” The take a couple minutes and write them down. It may be hard at first and may start with:
1. Thankful that I am breathing
2. Thankful that I have my health
3. Thankful that my house is still here after the storm, etc. etc

Once you get going, things start popping in your head that you never imagined. An attitude of gratitude changes our whole perspective on our situation.



For more information about Celebrate Recovery contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent