Are you spiritually hungry?

If you're not choosing to spend regular time with God, then you're choosing to die spiritually.
In many cultures, life is centered around food. Very few people in the western world would go for more than 10 or 12 hours without food or drink. Besides the fact that food is built into culture, doing so would make one very hungry.

Many people wouldn't dare going physically hungry; yet they starve themselves spiritually. If you ate food only once a week, you'd certainly die of starvation and malnutrition. Yet countless Christians do exactly that in their spiritual lives.

It is no wonder that Jesus called himself the bread of life (John 6:35). In order to grow spiritually, you must feed on spiritual food -- God's word.

Have the attitude found in Isaiah 26:8: Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. Make it your desire to know God better.

When you regularly spend time with God -- praying, seeking him, and studying his word -- you will thrive spiritually. Take some advice from the psalmist: Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always (Psalm 105:4).

Make time with God a priority in your live. If you made being well fed spiritually as important as be well fed physically, your relationship with God would thrive.

From "Weekly Wisdom Christ Notes"

Comments

  1. Gail McConnell: I was not capable of making God a priority in my life or being spiriutally hungry until I had nothing left to save me or rescue me. I was not capable of being hungry and thirsty for righteousness because I was use to drinking water from man's well. When God stripped me down to nothing and took everything away from me--my husband(s), relationships with men, my jobs, my dependency on my family, my dependency on CR people...when He let me be critized, rejected, persecuted, betrayed and abandoned...it was then that I ran to Him and jumped into His arms. He laughed and delighted that I had finally accepted that He alone is Lord. When God allowed me to have no one to turn to but Him, it was then that I began to cry out to Him and to seek His face. It was then that I realized how poor in spirit I was....how desperately I needed a miracle to keep my mind filled with hope and to help me walk in His will from the inside out. There was no way I could ever transform my own being; it would take a miracle. That miracle would come with
    complete rebirth...from being a baby inside of a heavenly womb and trusting Him to raise me up as His own.

    I love people. I love people in CR. I love
    leaders. I love the poor. I even love many of the rich. And today I can say I love my family of the flesh even though many do not recognize Jesus Christ as Lord and are very uncomfortable with the depth of my faith. Still when it comes down to where my security and safety lie, only God is my Rock. I can trust Him no matter what. He made me. He knew me before He put me in my mother's womb. My entire reason for living has been to find my way back to Him. I have. God is my Source. God is my Protector and Provider. God is my Comforter. God is my Redeemer. God is my Lord. God is the Lover of my soul. God is my husband. God is my Father. God is the I AM and because of Him, i am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent