What’s My Passcode??

 By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Rogers CR Training Coach, 7/28/21


Have you ever forgotten your passcode to your

 computer, phone, locker, safe, social media

 website or maybe something really important like

 an online banking account? It’s really frustrating

 and sometimes a little scary. I have wasted much

 time trying to figure out my passcode, and

 sometimes I just have to reset it and then I have to

 remember it all over again. Isn’t it awesome to

 know that we don’t have to remember some kind

 of passcode to gain access to our Higher Power

 Jesus Christ? Once we have Jesus Christ living in our lives, we don’t have to remember a passcode to

 have access to the greatest power in the universe?


Romans 8:38-39 says, “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries

about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the

sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us

from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”


Wow! What an incredible comfort and assurance to know that God is always there, and that we

can step into his presence at any time. However, sometimes we can feel alone in our sin and

insecurities, can’t we? We are not alone but we can FEEL alone. In times like these I would like

to make a suggestion. Psalms 100:4 says, “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with

praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”


I remember back in college (a very long time ago) I woke up one night in a cold sweat. I had a

bad dream, and I felt a darkness that I have only felt a couple of times in my life. It was a little

scary and certainly disconcerting. I turned on the light, pulled out my guitar, and started singing

praises to God. It didn’t take long for the darkness to leave and a peace to fall like a blanket

over me and that little college dorm room. 


Have you ever felt alone, discouraged, or attacked? Take a moment and think about all the

things you have to be thankful for. Are you breathing? Can you see with your eyes, smell with

your nose or hear with your ears? Do you have shoes on your feet? Were you able to eat your

last meal? After finding some things to be thankful for, take a moment and praise God for these

things. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I think you will find God’s presence will be felt

and his light will chase away the darkness.


I hope this finds you in a great place right now. However, if you are struggling, enter his gates

with thanksgiving in your heart and his courts with praise! I love you my friend, have a blessed

week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent