God is My Strength

By Carl Kimbro, Fellowship Bible Church Celebrate Recovery Devotional Team, 2/3/21


Six years ago I sat in Celebrate Recovery watching all the “happy people” celebrating as they picked up their chips. I thought there was no way I could ever be that happy. In my own tortured mind I was sure there was no hope for me. That I would be forever identified with my struggles and sin. 

The psalmist wrote in Psalm 73:26; “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” 

Over time, I became very active in all parts of Celebrate Recovery. When I joined a Step Study Group, that was when the healing really began. With the help of Celebrate Recovery, I learned that failure doesn’t have to be forever. I learned to trust God as my source of strength. When I put my trust in God, I took my eyes off of myself and looked to Him for my redemption.  God showed me that I needed to stop trying to fix my problems on my own and let Him deliver me from my sins and addiction. Failure became less likely, and a strong relationship with God became more likely. God used CR to help me put my past behind me.

I am so very thankful for the lessons I have learned at Celebrate Recovery. Through CR God showed me that failure in not the end of my story or my relationship with Him. The next time I feel like a failure because of sin, I will remember the lessons from CR: no one is a failure who has put their trust in Christ Jesus. We are a forgiven child of God.

Have a great week, friends!

Click HERE to listen to "Broken Vessels (Amazing Grace)" by Amanda Cook


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent