Search permit!

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Women's Encourager Coach, 9/30/20



Most of us have been searched before ...be it going to a sports game, getting on a plane, or sometimes maybe due to some not so good choices we have made. Now, I have not always been the one who excitedly looks forward to being searched. I have often been the one feeling as if I'm guilty. In fact, in those times of being searched, I know that a lot of us have NOT been content with it. We are inconvenienced, filled with feelings of bitterness, anger, guilt, and/or shame. 

 

Back before I started recovery, I was this way about everything. I was not humble, or content about anyone knowing more about me than I wanted them to see or know! The day came that my world as I knew it came crashing down around me, and I saw with crystal clarity what I had been actively hiding from God. I knew he saw everything, but before recovery I had some crazy cycles of insanity which clouded reality and brought many consequences. Humbled by the extreme amount of mercy and grace I was receiving as truth came forth, I no longer wanted to hide. Suddenly, I wanted to be searched. I wanted God to shine light into every dark place in me and make me clean.   

Can you relate?   

I am actively journaling and praying to God to keep me humble, asking Him to show me the areas where I am stumbling. By the way, my attitude about being searched at venues and the like has much improved! I know they're just doing their job trying to keep us safe! In my recovery or in my purse, if I have to hide it, it's wrong.  :)  

 Reflect:

1:  What thing are/were you hiding from God?

 

2:  How does it feel knowing that God's truth has covered you with mercy and grace?

 

3:  What will you do or say to show others the mercy and grace you've received? 

 

Click HERE to listen to "Search Me Know Me" by Kathryn Scott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent