Heart check!

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Women's Encouragement Coach, 12/11/19


One of the best things I love about my routine of reading Bible devotionals is that it sets my heart back right with Christ. I ask myself, and encourage you to ask yourself: "How's my heart today?" At Celebrate Recovery, we encourage one another to do a H.E.A.R.T Check on a routine basis. That is to ask, am I:

Hurting
Exhausted
Angry
Resentful
Tense

This is not meant as a trigger point, but rather, an opportunity to process!  As we go through these, we can take the necessary time to give it over to God, to process through what’s really happening so that
it doesn’t fester like an infected wound. We don't have to carry it all. As Jesus said,

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Prayer:
Lord, You are awesome at getting to the heart of Your people. You give us ample instruction, encouragement, correction, and redemption when we turn to You. Thank You for getting our hearts back on track today. This day is Yours Lord. In Your precious Name, Amen.



Click HERE to listen to "King of My Heart" by Steffany Gretzinger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent