Here's My Heart

By Kareena Holloway, Ministry TEAM women's Encourager Coach at Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers,
Have you ever been driving in the darkness of a cloudy night without headlights on?  Nah, I wouldn't dare do that either! On a curvy road like the one in this picture, that would be downright scary!  That's why I love headlights to shine in to the darkness of night!  
As with many things, I see a lesson in this.  God tells us in Luke 8:17, "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." and, for me, this is a fine example!  
Another example was when I was deep in my Love and Relationship Addiction, and had so many secrets hidden in darkness.  One day, though, those secrets were brought into the light and I had nowhere to hide.  I confessed my secrets through overwhelming emotion and when I was met with LOVE instead of rejection, I felt relief.  I didn't have to hide anymore.  I could be completely honest about my struggles and my need for recovery, and began letting God help me to always keep everything in the light.  What freedom I experienced in that!  

Going to Celebrate Recovery for over 8 1/2 years now, I have enjoyed sharing God's truths with others and serving in any way I can!  Often, I will do a H.E.A.R.T (Hurting, Exhausted, Angry, Resentful, Tense) check just to see where I am at, where my heart is, and remember what my motivation is to serve.

So where's your heart at?  What's your motivation for doing what you do?  Let me encourage you this week to remember what God has brought you through, all those times in the darkness where he has been your light.  As you process through this time, remember this truth of God for you:  

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  -Isaiah 41:10 ESV

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, 
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:13

Have a blessed week forever family!  Click HERE to listen to "Here's My Heart, Lord" by David Crowder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent