Unsinkable

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church Celebrate Recovery Men's Encourager Coach,  03/13/2019

The Titanic, the largest and the most luxurious ship of its time, was a shipbuilder’s delight. Because the ship featured a double hull that included sixteen watertight compartments, the Titanic’s builder boasted that the ship was unsinkable, that “not even God could sink this ship.”   


But at midnight on April 14, 1912, the great ship, with 2,224 souls aboard, ploughed into a huge iceberg at twenty-two knots, and two and a half hours later lay at the bottom of the Atlantic. The unthinkable had happened—the unsinkable had sunk. The builders of the Titanic had good reason to be proud of their workmanship—but no grounds for their boasting. Majestic though the Titanic undoubtedly was, God was more than her match.
Sometimes, my pride gets the best of me.  I think to myself, “I have got this recovery thing figured out.  I think I can handle things from here.  Thanks for the help God, but I got this.”  Then life comes in with something else that I can’t handle or my old hurts habits and hang ups rear their ugly head and I start to sink.  I have to constantly remind myself that I am powerless and my life is unmanageable.  My sobriety and my peace is only given to me by the Grace of God.  When things are going well, I should rejoice and praise God for the blessings.  However, I need to remember that Jesus Christ is the source of my power and that I am NOT unsinkable!  
1 Corinthians 10:12 says, “If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall.”  This verse is an ongoing reminder that on my own I am sinkable but with God’s grace and strength in my life I can weather any storm.  I hope this email finds you in a good place but no matter what, God is waiting to take control of your life and provide you with grace, strength and peace you need.  When the Titanic hit the iceberg, another ship, the California, was within twenty miles of the distressed Titanic, but her radio operator was not listening, so the calls for help were never heard. But our God is always listening.  Love you friend, have a blessed day!

Click HERE to listen to "My Hallelujah" by Bryan and Katie Torwalt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent