ThanksLIVING

By Rodney Holmstrom, Celebrate Recovery National Director West, Fellowship NWA Celebrate Recovery Ministry Leader

ThanksLIVING
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
What are you thankful for today?

You might be thinking, “Isn’t thanksgiving over now?” Yes, it is, but what I love about Celebrate Recovery is the understanding that gratitude and a heart of thankfulness is a central part of how we stay present with what God is doing. Gratitude keeps me in the here and now, focusing on and seeing what God is doing right now. Gratitude keeps me focused on the GIVER rather than just on the GIFTS. When we focus on Him, while giving thanks for the gifts, it helps us in those seasons where the things around us may be tough and harder to face.

The GIVER of LIFE has given you and I another day to live and breathe. I love how my brother Jeff Stultz of Broken Chains says it, “Thanksliving”. This is a daily process for our healing, growing, and living. When we do this, the peace of God will be with us.

Let’s give Him thanks today as we face another week with His power.

"You pulled me out from where I was and you set me on a solid rock"
Click HERE to listen to "Best Days" by Lincoln Brewster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent