Power Washed!

By LaDwana Whittenberg, Fellowship Bible Church TEAM Training Coach, Devotional Team 8/15/18




This past week while I was power washing God started talking to me.
Part of the house, just looking at it, it looked fine and didn’t need washing, but as soon as it was hit with the water it shed a whole new light on the matter. It was amazing the difference.

As we moved around the house my step dad said, “we don’t need to worry about this section because it was just added on last year, so it shouldn’t need it,” He was right, that it wasn’t that bad, but there was a difference. If I left it alone and didn’t clean it, then by next year it would be worse and take more time to clean. So, if I deal with stuff as it comes up and not stuff it or deny it and pretend it isn’t there, then I can process through and deal with things more quickly than if I let it build up.
You can’t whitewash your sins and get by with it; you find mercy by admitting and leaving them.”  (Proverbs 28:13


Back to the house, this is a visual of what my life has turned into. I’m shocked and embarrassed that I’ve let things get to this point. How did it happen?
Mark well that God doesn’t miss a move you make; he’s aware of every step you take. The shadow of your sin will overtake you; you’ll find yourself stumbling all over yourself in the dark. Death is the reward of an undisciplined life; your foolish decisions trap you in a dead end.” (MSG  Proverbs 5:21-23)


God showed me that sin is just like the dirt on the house. It creeps in ever so slowly and starts with “just one time”, “no one will ever know”, “its no big deal” and the list goes on. Next thing I know the one time turns into, “who cares what other people say”, I don’t have a problem, “I can stop anytime I want”, “I’ll quit tomorrow”. The next thing I know I’ve been sucked in and it's no longer just a once in a while deal, but a daily thing.
I cry out to God, I let Him take control He goes to work and starts washing away my sin and makes me new again. It’s a process, I must let go and let God have control and allow Him to work on my heart and in my life.  

Guess what? When I shared the job with my stepdad, we were able to work together and get it done quicker and better. There were spots that one of us would miss and the other one could point it out. Hum, sounds like a sponsor and accountability partner.







Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecc 4:9-12

Click HERE to listen to "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent