What Are You Chasing?

Written by: Rodney Holmstrom, Celebrate Recovery National Director West, 
Fellowship NWA Celebrate Recovery Ministry Leader

What Are You Chasing?
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Someone once said, "When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you." 
I was reflecting this AM on how blessed we are to have the tools of Celebrate Recovery in our life that help us to stop chasing the wrong things that only lead to dead ends in our life. And boy, did I chase some ugly toads in my day.

Sure, they promised a hope and a future, but all those "wrong" things I chased for so long only led to greater pain and destruction in my life.
 
Today, through CR, we can now choose something better, can't we? We can choose Christ every time and win without a doubt. I thank God for giving me the strength to stop chasing the wrong things so that THE Right ONE, Jesus Christ, could catch me in His loving pursuit of me and you.
 
Let's never forget how He pursued us in our recovery and remember to continue to pursue Him in all we do today.

Click HERE to listen to So Will I 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent