"Hello God, it's me."

By: Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA, Celebrate Recovery, Women's Encourager Coach 4/25/18
 
"Let's pray real quick." I've said that before,  many times.  One day,  though,  I got to thinking about that,  and wondered "Why am I making prayer something seemingly shoehorned into my life?" I like it when God gives me those little wakeup calls. 

He wants me to remember the importance,  the significance,  and the preciousness of prayer.  

  • Prayer is important because it is a communication line between us and God that can even be understood if all you have is groanings.  Romans 8:26
    (ESV)s
    ays
    :
    "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."  
  • Prayer is significant because it is how we request help from our Heavenly Father in time of need. Philippians 4:6
     
    (ESV):
    tells us "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
  • Prayer is precious because
     
    we are all called to do it for one another!  We are told in James 5:16 (ESV): "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Can you guess what else just might be important, significant, and precious???
YOU!!!
God wants to hear from you (important)!  He will never leave you or forsake you (significant)!  You are a child of the King (precious)!  

Let's pray:  "Heavenly Father, thank you that you love me so much that you consider me your important, significant, and precious child.  Thank you that you want to hear from me.  You want me to talk with you, to share my struggles and victories with you, to visit with you, to learn more about who you really are, and to grow closer to you.  You are good when everything else is not.  Thank you for your forgiveness when I lose my way.  I pray that I can bring you all the honor and glory that you deserve as I go through my week and serve in Your Name.  Thank you for your love.  In your name, Jesus, Amen."

Click HERE to listen to an oldie but a goodie,  "Let Us Pray" by Steven Curtis Chapman

Comments

  1. "You are good when everything else is not." This sentence in your prayer just leapt off the page and spoke to me. This applies to every aspect of our lives: our family, our work, our country, the world. God is good and God is there, we simply need to call on him. What a beautiful comfort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent