Dead Man Walking?!


Remember that movie, "Green Mile"? Anytime the inmate would walk down the hall, the guard would yell, "Dead man walking!"

I was thinking about this in the context of my former life apart from Christ. My choosing not to face my life's struggles was not only pulling me apart from Christ but also more and more into a life as a dead man walking. 
The thing is, I don't have to walk that green mile of death because Christ died for me so that I may have life.
It was when I came to the end of my comfort zone that real life began to happen in my life.

If there is something that is keeping you walking in despair, don't let the fear of the unknown keep you shackled any longer. With Christ's help you can turn that fear into a curiosity.
He has big plans for you but you have to be willing to let go and fully surrender to Him. Only He holds the key to unlock the shackles. Only He has the ability to put you and I on a new path.
It is then that the language moves from "Dead Man Walking!" to a new and hopeful, "Renewed Child Living!"

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am you God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Rodney

To search for a CR group near you go to www.celebraterecovery.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent