They're Just Words....Right?

What’s the big deal?! They are just words. I used to be so bad about the stinkin’ thinkin’ and damaging self talk. I would think things like, “I am worthless, stupid, and good for nothing!” “No one would miss me if I left this earth” and “I will ‘never’ experience happiness in my life”

Are they just words? No, that’s a big bunch of lies huh? Words and thoughts like this are exactly what the enemy wants us to believe. Words really do make an impact on us.
If you are still having trouble figuring out if those kinds of words and thoughts are damaging, imagine how painful it would be to take those same sentences and speak them to someone close to you.
Honestly, they would be crushed to hear them and so would you.
So, if it wouldn’t be appropriate to talk to others that way, why do we allow ourselves to be persuaded by the enemy in believing that it’s ok to talk to our self that way?
“From a wise mind comes ‘careful’ and persuasive speech.” Proverbs 16:23
“Say only what is ‘good and helpful’ to those you are talking to (even to myself) and, what will give them a blessing.” Eph 4:29

This week, let’s guard our tongue and thoughts in how we talk to not only others but to ourselves as well.
This week, let’s “Keep a close watch on all we do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others (including myself). 1 Tim 4:16
Let’s speak and think truth into our own life today.

Here’s a few to start with:
“I am God’s temple!” 1 Cor 3:16
“I am God’s workmanship” Eph 2:10
“I may approach God with freedom and confidence” Eph 3:12
“I am loved” John 3:16
Be blessed,

Rodney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent