Worrying = No Trust

Well it happened again two nights ago...you know those nights where you toss and turn, lying wide awake "worrying" about stuff that is not in my control.
3am rolled around and once I finally realized what I was doing I decided to get up and get in the Word.  I opened my CR bible to read on Powerless and guess what scripture the reading was tied to? "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Mt 6:34

Yeah, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Once I started voicing my worries in my journal to the Father and let go of the stuff I was hanging onto, I was able to go back to bed and sleep like a baby.
I am learning that worrying is just a form of failing to trust God. God is teaching me that I need not fret about those things out of my control, and start focusing on what God can do.
As I continue to seek Him, my anxiety will begin to fade away. Now, if I can just remember this tomorrow when I wake up. :)

What has you worrying today? trust me, I know from experience, it is better to trust Him and just give it to Him.
Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent