God keeps a Journal

Dear Brother and Sister’s in Christ,
Did you ever stop and think where the idea of journaling came from. Well I found it in God’s amazing Word. I woke up this morning thinking about this set of verses and I want to share them with you.
Malachi 3:16-18
16. Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who esteem His name.
17. “They will be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “on the day that I prepare My own possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves Him.”
18. So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.
So let me say that if God keeps a journal maybe we should think seriously about keeping a journal. These three verses are chocked full of promises and blessings for those who love the Lord and speak often to one another about Him. It was a pretty amazing revelation to me that Our God keeps a journal of our lives. One other reference to this idea of God keeping a journal is found is Psalms 139.
One of the obvious questions for us to consider is; are we one of those who fear the Lord and do we speak often of Him? The Word says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45). What comes out of our mouths influences not only others but ourselves. Verse 16 says the Lord gives attention to what we are speaking to each other and writes it down. That for me is very sobering. How many times have I spoken things to others that did not bring life and the Lord heard it. Wow Lord you have my attention!! Notice also the promises to us His possession that follow those who spoke often of Him Preparation, preservation and discernment for those who speak of the Lord and I think write about what He is doing for them in a journal.
One of the benefits of journaling is that we can keep track of the miracles of God in our lives. I teach women I sponsor to write down and date the awe ha moments from God they have experiences. Then they can go back and tell the evil one what God did for them on a certain date and that he is a liar! We also can through journaling begin to see patterns of emotions and behaviors emerge and what may have triggered them. This is what a counselor will do. They keep records so they can help us see what is going on in our lives. Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 was prophesied to be the Wonderful Counselor! He can through you own journal speak to you about things that may be sticking points in your life and thoughts that are hanging you up. Also we will see word patterns that hold us captive along with generation curses passed down to us come to light as we write down what we are thinking.. The Holy Spirit is called the Comforter and the one who leads into all truth. You can be sure He will lovingly reveal areas of your life that need attention and will gently lead you into the truth, the Powerful Word of Our Mighty King Jesus! God is on your side. Romans 8:31 says “If God is for us who can be against us.” He is keeping track and journaling our conversations so He can bless us according these verses from Malachi 3!
I hope these scriptures prompt a response in you to be actually aware of what is coming out of your mouth and being said to your brothers and sisters, marriage partners, bosses and co-workers. Our God is paying attention! I want what comes out of my mouth to be prophetic and lead others to respond to God and to His precious Spirit. Will you join me taking a hard look at where we are with the Lord and with our brothers and sisters and others around us so we can be a blessing to them and also be blessed by the Lord? Will you join me in investing in journaling your thoughts and emotions. Our God does it and we can follow His lead. Will you take the time to write down your thoughts every day? Journaling does not have to be about many words. Some don’t have those words. You might take the feeling word list that we use CR and start with something like this; “today I feel tired, or today I feel happy. “It starts as simply as that. Also if you are a perfectionist like me you can start an on line journal where you have spell check. One of the most difficult things for me for years was the messy hand writing an inability to spell. I was made to be ashamed as a child and I did not want to have anybody see my handwriting not even God. LOL like He doesn’t already know. !!!
To close, I want to review the promises in this scripture to us as God’s chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. I Peter 2:9
Malachi 3:16-18
1. Those who feared the Lord and spoke to one another, The Lord heard them!
2. A book of remembrance was written in His presence about what He had heard His people said about Him and their life experience. .
3. God after hearing them said with great love; “They will be mine!’
4. God said:” I will prepare my own possession.”
5. God said:” I will spare them as a man spares his own son.”
6. God said: “We will then distinguish between the righteous and the wicked.”” Between the one who serves God and the one who not serve Him.” (How we need this in this time of preparation of Our Lords Return!)

Sherrie, CR Prayer Team Leader, Celebrate Recovery FBC NW Arkansas

For more information about Celebrate Recovery, contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

  1. What a humbling and exhilirating thought that Our Heavenly Father keeps a journal of our ups and downs in life, and loves us all the same. I am so blessed that He called me to be His child. I am so humbled to think of all the times, my mouth is less than that becoming the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Thank you Jesus for continuing to work in my life as imperfect as I am. Help me to see others and myself as you do. Help me to bless others and myself as you do. Help me to become a little more like You each day as You refine me through the fire. I Love you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I could not live one second of any day without you in my life! Jesus, I am remembering all the horrible things You endured in my place. It makes me sad what we all did to you, but I REJOICE that you are ALIVE and WELL and will return again soon to take Your Bride Home. Please help me to be ready. Please help me to reflect You so that they will be drawn to You as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent