Why go to CR Small groups?

I am sending today's blog from beautiful Southern California on Laguna Beach. Our first day was a cool 77 degrees. I hope when my Arkansas friends see this they won't hate me.:) I know it is a steaming hot day back home.



I woke up yesterday with an image of how much the Father loves us and remembers that nothing can separate me from His love. Romans 8:35-39 (One of our Stinkin' Thinkin' memory verses) is such a great encouragement to remind me that nothing can separate me from His love. It got me to thinking about how we respond to His love. How do I respond to His love and truth and apply, process and share what He has given me? Do I keep it for myself or do I share, in my case, in the small group with other men? A good reason for me to share what God speaks to me in the CR large group is that it will have a much better chance of sticking with me. It will also bring continued healing to my recovery.



The big thing though for me to remember is that it is NOT just for me. When I share my story, past or present, it brings hope to others. God never wastes a hurt and can use our story even while we are in the middle of it to bring HOPE to others.



There is amazing healing that takes place in the context of our CR small groups. Whether it is in Open Discussion groups as a way to share how God is growing me through the week. Or, how He is speaking to me in the CR Worship/Teaching/Testimony time, prior to the group. Or how He is speaking to me through my taking the time to do my homework and sharing it in my step study group. When I miss Open Discussion groups on our main meeting night and/or the Step Study group during the week, I am robbing myself of many blessings and continued learning and growing in my relationship with Him. Take the opportunity to be involved in the small groups of CR. You will be blessed!!



For more information about our CR small groups or about Celebrate Recovery as a whole, contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent