The great mystery

Do you like a good mystery? A book that is so captivating that you can’t put it down or a movie that is so intense, when the unexpected happens it causes you to jump? I think everyone likes a good mystery.
As I walk on this journey called life, it seems that I know what I know about God and my personal relationship with Him, yet He still is a great mystery to me. He is God Almighty, and is far beyond my human understanding. I Corn. 13:12 - Now we see through a glass darkly - face to face ,know in part, but then I shall be known even as I am known. He is able to answer my questions and give me a full explanation of all the whys in my life. He knows already what I am going to say and do. Yet He is not obligated to offer explanations to me on why He does the things He does or why He does not make things work out the way I want them to be. He is Sovereign and Providential. He is Infinite and Almighty. His thinking and ways are perfect. It is a mystery to me. Yet, He makes Himself known to me. He speaks softly and tenderly--through His word and to my heart. I know Him through His son, Jesus - yet- it is like only getting to touch the hem of His garment, even in these precious ways of knowing Him. “ O man what is it that you are mindful of Him?” The vast mystery of God. I am glad I am not expected to fully understand Him only to trust Him. I am glad that He works in my heart, and the difference He has made in my life. He says, “ My thoughts are not your thoughts and My ways are not your ways.” The more I learn - the more there is to understand. My God, Lord, My Friend, Savior is still a great mystery to me.
Abraham was told by God to look up to the stars and see his descendants. Abraham left his homeland for an unseen promise made by a Mysterious God. My life or your life as simple or complicated as it may seem is full of mystery. Why were we born to a particular family and not another? How and why we meet the people we meet, or that even change the course of our lives. Why do some things resonate so deep in our hearts? Why do we just burst out in song, or are moved to tears? The mystery of God. We experience it in the unexpected mercies of life. The accident that you almost had and missed. Looking back and seeing His protection, presence and loving care. His great love. Daniel 2:22 - He reveals the deep hidden things that He knows. Job 11:7 - Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? John 16:12-Still I have many things to say to you.
Mysterious, Omnipotent, Holy, Omnipresent, Omniscient. Before all things. Holds all things together. His is the everlasting throne. He revealed the mystery that was hidden for ages -- Jesus, who came to live and die and live again, not only in Heaven but in our hearts. We should be like Mary, pondering these things in our hearts. Let our hearts sing with wonder. Believe in the things that you do not see. Trust when you can’t understand. Look for God in all things. Embrace the mysteries of the human heart. Let God surprise you.
Father: as we walk and talk with You and experience all that You are to us, You are still a great mystery to us. Your Holiness, Your Righteousness, You Mercy. Our finite minds cannot capture Your Greatness. We do not always understand Your ways, but we have the great privilege of knowing more about You as we walk with You and You are revealed to us through Your Word. Thank you for allowing us to experience more of You each and every day. Amen
As you continue to walk on your journey of life, take time to ponder the greatest mystery of all - the love of God. The scriptures proclaim it, but we also experience it in the unexpected mercies of life. Have a blessed week.
Janice CR FBC NWA Encourager Coach-Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent