Open Book Test!

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers Celebrate Recovery Training Coach, 10/14/20

Multiple times in school and college, I can remember walking into class and the teacher saying, “take out a piece of paper, we have a pop quiz today.”  Yikes!  “I’m unprepared and I’m going to bomb this quiz”, was usually my response.  However, there were other times that the teacher would say that we could use our text book and notes to take the test.  I remember feeling a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders as I pulled out my text book and notes.  The answers to all the questions were right there! 

Have you ever been at a crossroads in life and wondered what your next step should be?  Maybe, like me, you were at a crossroads when you came to Celebrate Recovery.  I also find myself wondering about my future, my finances, whether my kids are going to make it and should I help them or not.  Maybe you are facing some tough life questions yourself. 

 

Here’s some really good news.  God has given you an OPEN BOOK TEST! 

 

That’s right, you can open his word, talk to him through prayer and the answers are waiting for you.  Now, God’s word may not say the exact words that tell you to get an operation, change your career, or move to a different location. 

However, the word does tell us to trust God with our lives and that he is always with us.  It tells me to live my life like Christ and that I should flee temptation and sin.  God’s word says that If I submit to Jesus that he will direct my paths.  If God created the universe, I think he can open and close opportunities for me.  I know he can give me peace that transcends all understanding in the midst of problems.  God will NEVER ask me to do something that contradicts His word.  That eliminates a lot bad choices right there!  


2 Peter 1:3 says, “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”  Psalms 16:11 says, “You make known to me the path of life…”
 

Those two passages tell me that life is an open book test!  Principle Seven tells us that if we reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for our lives and to gain the power to follow His will, He will lead us in the right direction. 

So, if you are struggling with some tough decisions, stop and take time to look up the answers in God’s word.  Ask the master teacher to give you the grace and peace to walk in His will. 

James 1:5 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to  you.”  I hope this email finds you passing all of life’s tests with flying colors.  However, if you are like me and are panicking because you are being hit with a pop-quiz, remember… This is an OPEN BOOK TEST!  Have a blessed week my friend.
Click HERE to listen to King of Kings by Hillsong Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent