Destination Unknown

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers Celebrate Recovery Ministry TEAM Women's Encourager Coach 9/11/2019



I’ve got a big question for you.  Here it is:  
Have you ever felt like you were heading towards an unknown destination with an unknown certainty?  
WOW, how’s that for a starter!?
A couple weeks ago, my husband and I got the joy of serving in the band for the 4th and 5th graders of Fellowship Bible Church, Mosaic.  We always stick around for the lesson, so I was really excited when I saw the lesson would be taught by my good friend Laura’s son, Logan.  I didn’t yet know what the lesson would be about, but once he started, I was drawn in! 

As Logan taught, he talked about how God wanted Abram to pack up all of his belongings, leave everything he knew, including some of his family, and travel to an unknown destination to face an unknown certainty.  God made some amazing promises to Abram! He said, ‘“I will make you into a great nation. And I will bless you. I will make your name great. You will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you. I will put a curse on anyone who puts a curse on you. All nations on earth will be blessed because of you.’”

So let me ask you this again: 
Have you ever felt like you were heading towards an unknown destination with an unknown certainty?
   
Logan continued on, telling how Abram was obedient to God.  Abram took his wife, Sarai, his nephew Lot, and their servants, and he went...not knowing exactly where he was going!  Being that Abram and Sarai were very old and had no children, you can imagine how crazy it sounded to Abram when God came to him in a vision (in Genesis 15), promising him lots of children!  God also gave Abram and Sarai a new name, Abraham (meaning “Father of many”) and Sarah (meaning “princess)!  Logan explained how more time had passed, and sure enough, God’s promises started to come true!  What Sarah thought was really funny (being a Mom at her age!) became a reality when she bore a son, Isaac (meaning “laughter”)! 

So, here’s my encouragement for you, friend:  I want to encourage you to confidently believe in God’s promises for your future.  You may feel, right now, that you don’t know where your future is heading, that unknown certainty, but let me assure you that God meant every word He said, and He NEVER breaks a promise! 

Do you know that thousands of years after Isaac was born, one of Abraham’s descendants, Joseph came in to the world?  It is Joseph, who eventually became the earthly Father to Jesus!  We all know what incredible love Jesus had for ALL OF US .. so much that He in fact died for our sins and rose again to one day come back for us.  Do you feel the weight of reality in how that all connects to you? 

Don’t get me wrong, I have felt uncertainty before too.  I have felt it many times.  The difference today is that where I once felt that uncertainty, now I feel HOPE.  I feel that hope because I KNOW without doubt that God has a plan for me life, and all I need to do is just trust in Him!

Thanks for letting me share.  Let’s pray:  “Father God, you always come through.  I am filled with gratitude for all that you have brought me through.  Lord, I am so very sorry for ever doubting that you were always there.  God, I know that you never break your promises.  I pray that the next time I feel doubt, that I will instead remember your promise and that you always come through, and I will TRUST IN YOU no matter what.  Thank you!  I pray that I can be a light to others in sharing this truth today.  In Your Name, Amen.”
Click HERE to listen to "I Will Trust" by Elevation Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent