Finding God in Each Moment

By Anonymous sister in Christ at CR, Fellowship Bible Church 4/3/2019


You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

I always took this as a foundation verse. An essential place to start.  But I never thought of it as a place to stay, a continuous practice.  However, if I see its connection with John 15:4 where Jesus says, ”Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me”,
and 
Luke 10:27 when Jesus declares, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”...
I can see that God is calling us, calling ME, to seek Him daily - with all my heart. 
And not just to seek His truths, but also His presence- or His mark- in each moment.

Each moment. 

Is it possible to become so acutely focused on God throughout my day that I can look for glimpses of His work in each moment? 
Why not?!

He will be faithful to reveal His presence to me when I seek Him. 
His word says so!  I can respond by acknowledging it & praising Him for it.
I can also ask Him if it is His will for me to be used in that particular work or does He desire that I just observe, be still and know that He is God, while He chooses to use another for that work.

He is pleased to reveal Himself to His own.

I know this truth to be true as I let God remind me of times in my past when I have intentionally looked for God’s mark through my day. He has always been faithful to reveal Himself to me when I am truly seeking to find Him, especially as He has taught me what to look for, those precious markers He reveals in His word and shares with me.

In John 10:2-3, & 14 Jesus says, “The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out...
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me.”

It has been such a long time since I’ve experienced that. I have been holding Him at arms length, as I’ve allowed the Enemy to deceive me with his lies. I have doubted the perfect love of my Shepard & forgotten the sound of His voice...

But, today, I sought my Shepard, asking Him to reveal His presence in my day...
and He was faithful.
He was pleased to speak to me and help me hear Him clearly through His word, sung & spoken at church. He brought me into His presence and I knew it was my Shepard speaking to me.

How awesome is that! 
And He offers that to all of us on a daily basis!

Today, in every moment, I choose to run to him!

"God, You have said in Your Word “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”  Thank you for helping me to understand that You want me to do this every day, in every moment. Remind me each morning, as I first wake up, to seek You with ALL my heart. Let me hear You, the precious voice of my Shepard, so that I can follow you wherever You want to lead me each day. Amen."


Click HERE to listen to "I Run To You" by Kareena Holloway


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent