Big Plans!

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA, CR Women's Encourager Coach, 1/3/2018


Happy New Years!  Do you have plans? I remember years and years where I would make New Year's resolutions to do less, do more, stop doing, begin doing, keep doing...on and on!!  This year I just want to grow in who I am to God and put my focus on glorifying Him.  Last year, however, it was to do more of journaling.  With the holidays, I was "too busy" to get it done every day and therefore would do it about 2-3 times a week instead of daily.  I also decided to STOP letting the enemy tell me that I am not worthy, not good enough, not forgiven.  I am mentioning this because I am thinking it's probably not only me who he's whispered these things too..that somehow my past mistakes means that I should not be serving where I am today.  That is crazy talk!  We have all done things we have not been proud of, but we are in a family at CR where we can admit those things, and we not only receive healing and forgiveness, but we also can forgive ourselves.  We also can remember God's truth!  We have been set free, and we are free indeed!  So what's your resolution plan?  Let's all together work on leaning into God to help us through the tough times, and rebuke the enemy's lies that somehow our past has re-chained itself to our identity in Christ.  We have been set free, and we can help remind ourselves of that by talking/praying with our accountability partner and sponsor.  We can get into God's word daily, praying for knowledge and understanding of His truth (I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17).  We are more than conquerors through Him who loves us(in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37).  The enemy does not get to steal that!  We have been called to a higher purpose than to be defeated by the lies of the enemy (He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time. 2 Timothy 1:9).  If you are in need of some prayer over this or anything else, we are here and we are ready to pray with you. Here's to 2018, a year of growing together and leaning more and more into God daily. 


Click HERE to listen to You Have Called Me Higher  -All Sons and Daughters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent