Building Up Storehouses


Have you ever been in a drought in your spiritual walk? A good friend of mine I meet with periodically will ask me about how my quiet time has been. This is such a good question to ask cause the reality is, there are times that it is not a matter of "if" but "when" we will have dry periods in our quiet time with God. 
Sometimes drinking in His word feels like it's not doing any good. I love what a brother said this weekend in talking about dry seasons of being in His word, he said, "sometimes we are just building a storehouse for those tough seasons we will face in the future.  
So, if you are having a dry season these days in the word, stay the course my friend. God is faithful to use it somewhere and sometime. All He wants is for us to spend time with Him even when it doesn't feel like we are getting anything out of it.  Keep building up your storehouse my friend!  
"God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
    his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
    How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
    He's all I've got left." Lamentations 3:22-24 (MSG)
Rodney 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent