Nothing Is Ever Wasted

By Susan Nichols, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers Devotional Team writer, 6/24/20

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone.  But its death will produce many new kernels--a plentiful harvest of new lives.”  (John 12:24, NLT)

 

Recently, I decided to clear my driveway of last fall’s leaves. While bagging them, I was surprised to see that an acorn had sprouted. A single stem and leaf rose from the pile of debris, leaving me amazed at God’s work. To me, those leaves had been an unsightly nuisance, but to Him they were fertile soil for a little acorn. In the same way, God can use the chaos that now swirls around us--civil unrest, sickness, and financial troubles, to name a few--to cause growth in my life.  

“And we know that God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”  (Ephesians 2:4-5) 

Just as God knows the potential of the seed within the acorn, He also knows the potential within me and what it will take to bring out that potential. He can cause a little sprout to grow into a massive oak, with many leaves and limbs. That oak will bring shade and cool, providing a place of rest for people, squirrels and birds. The trials I experience can be the catalysts for growth. As I grow, God will use me to help others, and they, in turn, will help even more people. No experience I go through is ever wasted.    

Very rarely do I understand what God is doing in my life, or why. If, by His grace, I can remain firm in my belief that He knows what He is doing, then I don’t need to understand why. I can trust that, no matter what my circumstances look like, He will cause them to work for my good. In other words, I can trust Him to bring life from death. He is faithful and will do it! 

Dear Lord, help me today to firmly put my hope and confidence in You. No matter what my life looks like at this moment, I choose to trust you to work everything out for my good. I do love you and know that I am called according to Your purpose. So have your way in my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!
Click HERE to listen to "Moving Forward" by Israel Houghton
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent