I Press On

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church Ministry TEAM Women's Encourager Coach, 6/3/20

How are you coping with this tough time in quarantine?  When recently asked, Susan, one of our great devotional writers had the following to say about how she’s been doing

“There are a couple things I've done to cope with the lifestyle changes I've experienced. I'm not the most social person, so I haven't felt lonely. I have, however, had to take good care of myself mentally and emotionally because of negative self-talk. I've focused on finishing projects that I've started over the last year or so. I'm painting a china hutch a pretty blue color to match my bedroom, which I am slowly redecorating. I also have taken up a new hobby involving piecing together broken china. I've also taken one of my dogs through obedience training. Lastly, my kids and I are spending lots of time together.”

So, how are you? We are all finding different ways of coping.  To keep ourselves from relapse, we want to be working on positive things (like Susan is doing) which supplement and enrich us in our recovery walk.  I want to encourage you today to stop what you’re doing for ten to fifteen minutes every day to reflect on this question. Your mental health relies on it! You can use this time to talk to God, read through scriptures, do a devotional, listen to some worship music, or do a H.E.A.R.T check!  (You ask yourself “Am I Hurting, Exhausted, Angry, Resentful, or Tense?”)  

Some day soon this will all be past us, and we will all be meeting up again!  Let’s keep striving to seek God and His truth through all of this!  Remember Philippians 3:12-14 as we close this devotional time today:

“I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.”

Click HERE to listen to "Press On" by Building 429



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent