Being Still

By LaDwana Whittenberg, Fellowship Bible Church, Roger, Celebrate Recovery TEAM Training Coach, 6/10/20

 


Over the past few weeks of having more down time than I’m accustom to, I’ve learned that being still doesn’t always look the same for everyone. I can “be still” and go for a walk with my niece and take pictures of nature, enjoying the amazing flowers, trees, and waterfalls in the vastness of God’s creation. But I can also “be still” and watch nature in my backyard without ever leaving my home.

While “being still” in my own backyard, God has allowed me to watch two families of birds go from eggs, to babies, to flying away. Matthew 6:26-27 came to life for me during this experience. In those verses Jesus says, “Look at all the birds—do you think they worry about their existence? They don’t plant or reap or store up food, yet your heavenly Father provides them each with food. Aren’t you much more valuable to your Father than they? So, which one of you by worrying could add anything to your life?”

 

Those baby birds don’t worry about food or shelter. Their parents have picked a place for them to have shelter, and they work really hard at providing food for them. So as much as they care for their babies, how much more does God love and care about me?

 

Being still isn’t a punishment, it’s a way to renew my heart, mind, and soul. God desires a relationship with me, and the only way to build a relationship is to spend time together and hang out. The message paraphrases Ecclesiastes 3:1 by saying, “There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth.” This is what God wants for me right now. He wants to give me food for my soul, living water for refreshment, and rest for my body.

 

Click HERE to listen to “Be Still” by Hillsong Worship


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent