I've got big muscles

“My grace is sufficient for you and My power is made perfect in weakness.” II Corinthians 12:7-10.
My grandson came up to me one day and said while flexing his muscles, “ Hey meme, look at my guns ( muscles ), I have the power. I felt his muscles and went on about how powerful he was. He said, “ thank you meme, I know.” This week God brought it to my attention that I was trying to be “powerful” and not letting Him have power and authority over the situations in my life. Back to step two and not step one. “ I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable. “ Where have I heard that before? Hmmm. I had lost sight that God is waiting, but does not help us until we are ready to admit our powerlessness and cry out to Him, which made me go back to II Samuel 17 and re-read the story of David and Goliath. The all powerful giant Philistine, wearing 125 lbs of armor came out for forty one days, mocking and challenging the Israelites. Everyone was afraid. Paralyzed with fear, all they could see was the giant and not the powerfulness of the Most High God.
In his youth, David seemed to have more knowledge and insight into the power of Almighty God than all of Israel. He was a shepherd not a warrior. How bold was he to say to the giant, “You come against me with the sword, spear and javelin. I come against you in the name of the Lord, Almighty God of Israel.” David ran to the battle. His faith in the power of God caused him to look at the situation with a different perspective. I remember telling someone else, “ you keep trying to do things in your own strength and power-- how has that been working for you?” “ Admit you are powerless. You cannot do things on your own. Submit to the sovereignty and the authority of God. David knew he could not in his own strength defeat Goliath, but by being willing and allowing God to be control of the situation, that God would work out all things for his good.
Saul asked David to put on his armor to help keep him safe. It was too bulky and cumbersome for David. He knew God was all he needed. How many times in this last week have you tried wearing “ Saul’s armor” of “ I am sufficient, I can do it my way, or running on your own emotions, forgetting the power and sufficiency of God? Admit you are powerless. Ask God to show you the Goliath’s in your life. Allow God to show you His great power. Take off all the things that are bulky and cumbersome in your life. There is no shame in admitting that you are powerless and your life sometimes gets a little out of control. The good news is, we may have lost sight, but God is patiently waiting, waiting for us to admit out powerlessness and cry out to Him so that we may defeat our “ giants “ and show off “ our guns “ which will reflect His Majesty and His Glory. This has always been a great story. Why not make it your story?
Great Healer: we are wounded lambs you hold. We know you hear our great cries for help and healing. We come now and humbly admit, we are weak and you are strong. It is your great muscles that we need. Teach us to trust you with all our hurts and sufferings. Help us to understand your great love and compassion for us even when you choose to allow us to remain broken. Teach, us through our weakness to lean on your strength. Give us grace as you keep us humble so that your power may rest upon us.
As you walk on this journey called life to remember it is not the physical aspect of muscles that make you strong, but the Powerful and Awesomeness of Christ as you submit to Him and walk humbly with Him that is what will keep you strong. Have a blessed week.

Janice Encourager Coach-Team
For more informaion on Celebrate Recovery at Fellowship contact Rodney @ 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.rg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent